The Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize
At $2 million, the Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize is the world’s largest annual humanitarian award presented to a nonprofit organization judged to have made extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering. The Prize is not only intended to recognize and advance the efforts of the recipient organization, but also to call attention to the worldwide need for humanitarian aid and to encourage others to expand their support. Learn more about the prize on our main website.
How to nominate
The Hilton Humanitarian Prize accepts nominations online at this website. Please note that self-nominations are not accepted. Please see our frequently asked questions to learn more about Prize nominations, or contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Nominations for the 2018 Prize must be received by October 19, 2017 by midnight PST.
- The nominator should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominator may not be an officer or employee—or any other individual receiving remuneration for his or her services from the nominated organization. Board members may nominate providing they receive no payment for their service.
- The nominator may not be a family member of an officer or employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be a founder of the organization.
- Nominees must be organizations, not individuals.
- Nominees must be established, nongovernmental, publicly supported charitable organizations. U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt status—or the equivalent for international organizations—will determine eligibility. (International nominees will be contacted by the Foundation for appropriate documentation.)
- Nominees must be legally established for at least five years (established prior to January 2013 for the 2018 Prize) in order to be considered.
- Nominees must have an operating budget (expenditures) greater than U.S. $750,000 in their most recent (audited fiscal) year of operation.
If you have already registered a nominator’s account on this website, login with your email and password below. Otherwise, register to nominate.